Between studying for tests, finishing assignments, extra curricular activities and trying to maintain some sort of social life, it’s easy for high school students to get lost in the day to day events and forget to set time aside to think of the future.
Graduating from high school is one of the first steps towards a life of gratification, success and innovation. Show your students why they should be excited about their future, planning their future and trying new things.
Listed below are 10 of the best Ted Talks for the classroom. These motivational and educational speeches from some of the world’s brightest minds will empower your students to start thinking forward, infuse them with motivation and give them a fresh look at learning.
- Derek Sivers: Weird, or just different?
- Tim Urban: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator
- Arianna Huffington: How to succeed? Get more sleep
- Julian Treasure: 5 Ways to Listen Better
- Steven Johnson: Where Good Ideas Come From
- Matt Cutts: Try Something New for 30 Days
- Lizzie Velasquez: How Do You Define Yourself?
- Brené Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- John Green: The Nerd’s Guide to Learning Everything Online
- J.K. Rowling: The Fringe Benefits of Failure